Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Seth-isms

Actually have a few, I've just been lazy about posting them seeing as I know of about five people that read this, and they may or may not even care about the silly things our child says/does. Except mom. Mom cares. ;)

One day last week, he & I were driving to school, and talking about where we live (in Denton, in the state of Texas, in the United States.) Seth pipes up and says "Texas?! We're not cowboys!" I had to ask him what being cowboys had to do with living in Texas. He said that "in the movies the cowboys all live in Texas." I have no idea what movies he's been watching - we haven't seen any Texas OR cowboy-themed movies recently. So according to his logic, if you live in Texas AND have a moustache, you must be a rock star cowboy I guess...

Yesterday morning, he was eating his cereal for breakfast, and almost got milk on his new Transformer. He made the comment "oh, Starscream almost got milk in his prospectors!" I laughed. Joe giggled like a little girl (I can say that, because he rarely reads this anyway. lol.) What *I* did not realize is that Transformers do not have prospectors (hey, the only stuff I know about T-Formers is what Seth tells me. Sure, why wouldn't they have little guys that run around and look for gold?!) Joe corrected him, and said that he meant processors. Which actually does make it funnier.

And another one for yesterday. We ate dinner at Pei Wei last night, and Seth kept saying we were in Japan. At one point, he says "I can speak Japanese. Uno!!" The whole "working on skipping" might have to wait...it looks like we need to work on foreign languages first...

3 comments:

Ambitiousgrl said...

Just so you know, I like them. I think they are just as great as the stuff that comes out of my kids' mouths. Only I can't always remember what they all say. Except of course for Wyntre and her peoples.

Missy said...

I think the reason I liked her peoples comment (besides the fact that it's just funny) is because it reminds me of those toys from my childhood - The Popples! lol. I need to google those now and find a pic...

Anonymous said...

Move over Seinfeld - Seth Hinson is taking your place at comedy and it comes naturally. He's a hoot! He keeps his Gran and Aunt Holly in "stitches".