Monday, January 19, 2009
wow, 3 weeks?!
Hmm, I did not realize it had been quite that long since my last post.... not a lot has happened, and yet a lot did happen...
Well, first off, we had Christmas and New Years. Seth got to spend his first whole week of Christmas break with my parents, which he LOVED. This was the first time he's spent a whole week with them, in the past it's just been a few days. I'm surprised they didn't need a vacation after he left! ;) Joe had off those two weeks or so as well, so he and Seth "bonded" the week after Christmas by playing LaserTag all over the house, and watching Star Wars/Star Trek episodes.
I had to work 1/2 of New Year's Day, but after I got home, we met our friend Jaime and her kids, Isaac (Seth's buddy) and Chloe, at the park and played. Then later we met some other friends, Ken & Bethany, and their daughter/s Kennedy and McKennan (McK is still about -5 weeks old...Bethany's due around Feb 16th, yay!), AND Jaime & kids, at Chili's for dinner. Good times! Seth was worn out from playing at the park with Isaac, so he fell asleep pretty early. Joe and I got sucked into watching Fight Club, and missed midnight by about 5 minutes. We didn't realize it until our party-loving neighbors behind us shot off some kind of noisemakers. hahaha
I did not make any official resolutions this year, since I don't keep them anyway. I semi-sorta-kinda resolved to read thru the bible in one year, which I am failing miserably at...it's Jan. 19th, and I'm in Genesis 6. lol. I'm not even a slow reader, so that's not a valid excuse. I also semi-sorta-kinda-I-don't-really-want-to-but-really-need-to resolved to start exercising, which I am ALSO failing at. I really do not like being chubby, but I also really do not like exercising, so this one's hard. ;) (Darn you Eve! If you hadn't eaten that stupid apple, Earth would still function the way God intended for it to, and there wouldn't be sin disguised as tasty chocolate morsels...)
Speaking of apples, they don't fall far from the tree. Seth & his classmates apparently made New Year's promises at school. Seth's were that he would love his mom & dad (so far so good on this one), and listen to them (this one, not so much. I'm pretty sure he broke it around 7:01am on Jan 1st.)
Wow, I'm realizing this is going to be a LONG post. I should have updated sooner. Oh well. Grab some coffee. And chocolate.... ;)
Sad news for this year....my grandmother passed away on the 8th. She would have been 83 on the 9th. She had a stroke New Year's Eve, and just wasn't able to recover. Her favorite things were baseball, beer, and bingo (not necessarily in that order!) Gammy, I hope you have access to copious amounts of Miller High Life and Texas Rangers baseball! I still need to drink a Mike's Hard Lemonade for you!
Seth-related stuff:
He thinks these Geico "money with eyeballs" commercials are hysterical. We have no idea why...they are not that funny to us. Joe thinks maybe they have subliminal messages to kids...
I've forgotten now what he and Joe were doing Saturday morning, but I was trying to cheer Seth on by saying "go Seth, it's your birthday!" He stops and gets this confused look on his face, saying "it's not my birthday..."
General Grevious from Star Wars has been re-named by Seth. He's now Genical Grevious. (As funny as that one was, and still is, I HAD to correct him. Don't want him going to school talking about genicals!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"playing LaserTag all over the house, and watching Star Wars/Star Trek episodes."
This is what I have to look forward to with a boy? Oh brother, I will have to leave the house!
but at least you have two girls to help even out the testosterone! lol
Missy spoke at Gammy's service - a couple of little antedote remembrances and read part of a letter Gammy sent her several years ago. Missy did a wonderful job. Gammy loved Missy very much as she did her other 2 grandchildren. Even though Gammy didn't have favorites, Missy was special since she was the first grandchild.
Seth was the apple of Gammy's eye - she loved hearing his latest escapades, funny things he said or did. 2 of my favorite pictures of Mom were taken with her and Seth.
Post a Comment