Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reality not only bites, it also slaps you in the face...

I have obviously known for five years now that one day, Seth would have to start Kindergarten. When he was born, there was a whole lists of "firsts" that I was looking forward to: first smile, first laugh, first time teaching him to make cookies, first time to ride a bike...I know somewhere on that list was the first day of school. I knew this day was coming...we've spent the last couple of weeks buying clothes and school supplies, etc. I know how excited he was to start today. Starting Kindergarten is a milestone! Then last night the fact that he IS starting Kindergarten hit me. How has this happened already?! Where did our little boy go?!! Chubby melon-headed Baby Seth has been replaced by Super Seth, a kid with an unbelievable amount of energy and enthusiasm. Most of the time, Seth is exactly how I imagined he'd be, but there are times when he catches me off guard! ;)

As excited as I was, and am, for him to start school, I realized last night that he's growing up, and there is not a single thing I can do to stop that from happening. Right now he still likes getting hugs, kisses, and tickles from us, but one day he's going to say "stop it, my friends are watching. You're EMBARASSING me!!!" I think I might physically go thru withdrawal the day he won't play along with my tickling game anymore! As much as I want to see him grow up, I wish I could keep him small, just for an extra day or two. :)

Happy 1st day of Kindergarten Seth! I hope you're enjoying it!!

PS: (And the kid hasn't even lost any baby teeth yet. I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon...I don't know if I can take it!) ;)

PPS: (Man, Seth is our only child so far. I wonder how much worse this will seem when we go thru it with a 2nd child?!?! This is only the FIRST time...next time will probably be the LAST!)

PPS: (and no, that is NOT saying that we are expecting another baby. Sorry)

PPPSSSSSS: (I'll put up a happier post about Kindergarten later, with pictures!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I totally understand what you feel. Actually I felt the same when Max went to Daycare couple of month ago.. LOL

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hopefully when he is grown he will call you at least once a week or send an e-mail. HeeHee :)