Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A quasi-interview with Seth

If we had an offspring that would tell me what he actually did today at Kindergarten, this post would be a lot more interesting. ;)

Me: Seth, what was your favorite thing about Kindergarten today?

Seth: I think it was naptime.

Daddy: What?! You never like naptime here, why did you like it at school? Come on, tell the truth!

Seth: naptime!

After a little more prodding from Daddy, Seth admits that his favorite part of school today was eating his Lunchable.

*Sigh*

Me: What else did you like about school today?

Seth: Hmm....I think it was when we went to the playground and I saw Isaac. (his best friend...not in school yet, but attends the Mother's Day Out program two days a week)

So, a whole new milestone, and all our child will remember is the playing and eating.

That IS what he said he'd like the best today. But still!

I am realizing that Seth does not take after his father with regard to remembering details. I could probably ask Joe right now about his first day of Kindergarten, and not only would he remember everything, he'd somehow tie four more stories into the original story, and wind the whole thing up by saying something like "and oh yeah, I was wearing my favorite blue & white striped shirt!" (I just read this to Joe, and he laughed. Cuz he knows I am right! lol) I guess Seth takes more after me...I don't remember anything about my first day. I might have played. I might have eaten. I might have seen Isaac. Who knows?! ;)

We'll have to see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully something more than playing and eating! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, at least he enjoyed it... ;) Happy Birthday, Missy

Linda

Anonymous said...

I remember exactly what you did - you did NOT get off the school bus. I frantically called the school and was told they would call me back when they knew something. They called back and said the school bus driver saw you sitting in your seat (you were very small and almost hidden in the seat) when he checked his bus after parking it. The secretary brought you home - she lived down our street.