Thursday, September 18, 2008

"well hmm", part deux

I stopped at Sonic last night after work to get my most favorite drink: a vanilla dr pepper with extra ice. When I was leaving, I noticed a minivan with an Obama bumper sticker on that back window, that basically read "Obama: Bringing Complete Sentences Back to the White House." Really?? Complete sentences?! And here all this time I thought you should have some political experience to be President! But apparently, you just need to be able to speak in complete sentences. Woo hoo! That means that *I* can run for President too! I checked the requirements just to be sure...here they are:

* Only native-born U.S. citizens (or those born abroad, but only to parents who were both citizens of the U.S.) may be president of the United States. (yay, I am!)

* One must also be at least 35 years of age to be president (oh shoot)

* Finally, one must live in the United States for at least 14 years to be president, in addition to being a natural-born citizen (yay again!)

Okay, I'm 32, so I can't run now. But the next election go-round, I will be 36!! Mark your calendars peeps: Missy in 2012!!!

note: the requirements came not from wikipedia, but here. So let it be known that if they are wrong, it's not my fault. Oh look, I'm denying things. I already sound like a President!! ;)

2 comments:

Ambitiousgrl said...

then I might not have to vote for Mickey Mouse again in that election. He's my choice this year since what's available is so, umm.., limited.

Missy said...

yeah, what's up with that?! American Idol starts out with what, 20? And we only get to pick from really 2 for President?! It's time for change! lol